- Launch of Project Based Learning (PBL) School. The project involves developing a new niche in the private schools by focusing on a child-centered curriculum in a PBL environment. The school is designed around the skills required for the 21st century and its fast pace of change.
- Launch of L2L Club Weekday program where the learning environment encompasses focusing on each of the "multiple intelligences" in a club like environment.
- Setup of Ahsan Memorial Library with a vision to make it a birth place of ideas, and a place to archive our social and cultural history.
- Series of Learn to Learn (L2L) Sunday=Funday program for kids and family. Over 25 such programs were organized to pilot and test the strengths and feasibility of PBL approach to learning and education.
- Organized a series workshops by Society of Iqbal Studies at Ahsan Memorial consisting of over 30 such events where the objective was to present and interpret the works by Iqbal and other literary joints in determrining our future and our past.
- Design and launch of the innovative Social Advocacy Projects for helping poor families. A scalable and self-sustainable framework for the university environment that has helped over 200 poor families. A poor family is selected by a student group and is given financial support for enabling a micro-business through funding generated by the students.
- Enabled and guided the launch of entrepreneurial business ventures by business students. A scalable and self-sustainable framework for the university envioronment. Over two dozen commercial ventures launched and currently sustained by students through the efforts of the entrepreneurial development center.
| 2009 |
- Started Ahsan Education Foundation (Ahsan Memorial) in memory of my late parents.
- To develop a love of learning and education in the society.
- To transform the goal of education from a "job-earner" to the reformation of society and enviornment.
| 2008 |
- Establishment of “Technology Innovation Center” at KIET to commercialize the research and devleopment projects of the insitute. The center actively collaborates with the industry and the students to make their final year projects and their MS/PhD research relevant to the industry. It provides consultancy to the industry organizations and the students for enabling commercial prototyping and new business ideas.
- Establishment of “Center for Entrepreneurship” with the objective of changing the goal of higher education from getting good jobs to creation of new ideas and new jobs. Launch of several new businesses.
Study of Business Process Requirements and R&D for Metadata Based ERP for ePatterns
- R&D for an innovative highly flexible ERP product idea
- Study of business processes of over 30 companies belonging to local industries such as textiles, packaging and paper products, pharmaceuticals, rice export, engineering, etc.
- Study of major ERP products such as Oracle ERP, SAP, JD Edwards
- Identification of a meta business process common to 80% of the business processes
- Design and development of the major upgrade of the ERP product based on meta-data concept.
BPR, Change Management and ERP Consultancy for Pakistan Steel Computerization
- IT Consultant for the upgradation of the IT Infrastructure with the objective of streamlining of business processes, their design and ease of change management.
- Study and selection of an ERP to transform the legacy systems and processes of a government organization.
BPR and ERP Implementation Consultancy
- Implemented ERP in over 30 companies: Consultancy for Business Patterns ERP
- Study of business processes and business process reengineering and change management for the implementation
BPR and ERP Implementation Planning Consultancy for POF (Pakistan Ordnance Factories) Computerization Project
- Consultant for developing an IT strategy and streamlining the implementation of ERP in 14 factories and 18 departments of POF, Wah Cantt.
- Use of ERP for transforming the business processes and achieving strategic business advantage through cost efficiencies and flexibility of operations.
Architecting of ERP
- Research & design of a flexible, multi-company, modular, integrated ERP software product for clients in automobile, textile, trading and other industries.
- Study of business processes in packaging industry, rice exports, textiles, auto (motor cycles), manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, service, education, engineering and other industries.
ITCN Asia 2002
- Official management consultant to the IT exhibition and conference.
- The conference and exhibition laid the foundation for the state of the art management of exhibition events.
ITCN Asia 2001
- Member of the core team and the Steering Committee of the IT exhibition and conference
- Design of the exhibition and conference as a change agent for the transformation of the business and industry in Karachi. In 2000-01, there was a general dispondency due to violence in Karachi, and the expo center was lying unused for several years. ITCN 2001 in collaboration with Jamal Yellow Pages and ECGateway Singapore was envisioned to transform the business landscape of Karachi. It was the catalyst and the first major exhibition that transformed the TDB (EPB)'s Expo Center from a dormant facility to a thriving facility in a few years, a facility that is booked all over the year with industry specific events and programs. The interest generated and the crowds attracted by the exhibition changed the paradigms for such exhibitions.
DHA IT Park Survey and Feasibility
- DHA IT Park Survey & Feasibility: For Defense Housing Society, Karachi. Study of the business incubators, technology entrepreneurship eco-system and development of a blue print to transform a large vacant plot in the cantonement area from a dormant place in to a thriving opportunity for launch of new businesses and ventures.
- A physical survey of software houses and IT companies was conducted in the city to determine their requirements and preferences for such a facility.
E-Commerce Action Plan
- The plan was presented to Federal Cabinet & Chief Executive/President on behalf of Minister for Science and Technology.
- The plan was prepared by E-Commerce Working Group of the Ministry of Science and Technology in consultation with major stakeholders with the objective of increasing the efficiency and competitiveness of Pakistani products and services.
Pakistan Ordnance Factories Computerization
- ERP Project Planning for the huge complex of 14 POF Factories & 70 shops with over 35,000 employees.
- Developed an E-Commerce Implementation Plan for Pakistan
- As head of MoST’s E-Commerce working group, coordinated the finalization of the action plan through extensive collaborations with resource persons from EPB, Customs, SBP, banks, law ministry, IT professionals and other local and international stakeholders
- Developed project proposals for the infrastructure and awareness/training of the stakeholders.
National IT Policy
- Formulation of the E-Commerce section of the National IT Policy for Ministry of Science & Technology.
- Member of steering committee that developed the recommendations for the National IT policy.
Change Management & Reengineering for CBR
- Training Programs for change agents of CBR developed and conducted for over 120 senior officers including collectors
Research on E-Commerce Implications for Pakistan
- Won a competitive research bid from EPB (TDB), Ministry of Commerce to research economic, tax and legal implications and implementation of E-Commerce in Pakistan.
- Research Reports submitted to EPB/TDB, Ministry of Commerce:
MIS and Computing Productivity for CBR Officers
- Training Programs for office computing and MIS applications for change agents of CBR developed and conducted for over 120 officers.
Strategic Initiatives for IBA
- Strategic IT Initiatives launched for IBA that increased the revenues from IT related BCS, MIS, MDP programs by ten folds.
- Strategic diversification of IBA through the launch of Computer Science degree, IBA's first non-business oriented degree program.
Coordination for the IT Initiative of the Governor of Sindh
- Coordinated with heads of computer departments of Sindh Universities for Governor of Sindh to redesign curriculum, develop IT capacity.
Capacity Building and Monitoring of Transactions for CBR/FBR
- A joint project of IBA and LUMS for CBR/FBR with Dr. Hafiz Pasha and Dr. Javed Ghani of LUMS.
- Identification of large industry data sets with various public and industry organizations and development of a model for capacity building of CBR/FBR for the monitoring of business transactions and improving the efficiency of tax revenue collection.
- Development of linkages for the integration and consolidation of the data-sets for multi-dimensional analysis and forecasting.
IT Consultancy for Oxford University Press
- Strategic IT Implementation for Oxford University Press:
- Implemented an ERP solution brought from India
- Indigenous training and development of expertise to run, manage and locally extend the system because of the uncertain situation of Indian visa.