Independent Academic Projects
2011- Present As Director Learn to Learn (L2L) Academy
2011 Launch of Project Based Learning (PBL) School
2009-2011 As Director Ahsan Memorial
2011 Launch of L2L Club Weekday program as alternative schooling
2010 Setup of Ahsan Memorial Library
Series of Learn to Learn (L2L) Sunday=Funday program for kids and family
Organized a series workshops by Society of Iqbal Studies at Ahsan Memorial
2009 Setup of Ahsan Memorial in memory of late parents
Projects at IoBM as Dean CBM and CES
- Project for Managing MBA Final Year Capstone Projects: Experiential Learning 32 Projects for Industry
- Development of Faculty Evaluation Framework
- Consolidation of Faculty Engagement Platform
- HoDs' Ownership of Departmental Faculty Development
- HoDs' Ownership of Departmental Courses Quality Improvement
- Consolidation of MRSS; Research Seminar Series
- Consolidation of PhD Program and Development of PhD Manual for Students
- Dissemination of College and Departmental Academic and Industry Engagement activities through IoBM website
Projects at PAF-KIET (2001-2012)
Projects As Dean
- Design of decentralized academic units with financial and operational independence
- Design of an innovative industry mentoring framework for professional and personal development of students
- Launch of innovative Social Advocacy Projects for helping scores of poor families. Over 200 poor families were given financial support for enabling their micro-business through funding generated by the students.
- Enabled and guided the launch of entrepreneurial business ventures by business students. Over two dozen commercial ventures launched and currently sustained by students through the efforts of the entrepreneurial development center.
- Enabled and designed KIET’s collaboration for the innovative BBA-ERP program. The first ever 4-year bachelor program focusing on the development of ERP, MRP, SCM and CRM consultants.
- Enabled and designed KIET’s collaboration with ERDC for MBA in Education Leadership
- Enabled and designed KIET’s collaboration with Guidance Institute for PGD in Islamic Finance
- Start of MBA in Islamic Finance
- Establishment of “Technology Innovation Center” for commercializing Engineering and CS research and devleopment projects. The center actively collaborates with the industry and the students to make their final year projects and their MS/PhD research relevant to the industry.
- Establishment of “Center for Entrepreneurship” with the objective of changing the goal of higher education from getting good jobs to creation of new ideas and new jobs.
- Launch of BS (Accounting and Finance) program.
- Development of a research publication oriented MS program enabling over 60 papers in international and natiational journals/conferences by faculty/students of CS and Engineering.
- Personally published over 12 papers in conferences and journals with MS students.
- Developed a cultural shift strategy through a projects driven approach to pedagogy
- Instituted culture of Semester Projects Exhibition for CoE and CoCIS for qualitative course evaluation
- Instituted culture of Final Projects Exhibition for evaluating quality of graduating students
- Instrumental in PEC accreditation for the BE program in Electronics Engineering
- Launched Technology Forces: KIET’s Journal of Sciences and Engineering
- Successful launch of Bachelor of Computer Arts program; first innovative arts program in Karachi
- Introduced BE specializations in Industrial Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Launched BBA (MIS).
- Launched MS Telecommunication Engineering Program
- Developed an innovative Bachelor of Business Economics program
- Launched College of Engineering with BE programs in Electronics and Telecom Engineering
- Transformed CS and management science departments of KIET into colleges; CoMS, CoCIS
- Launched BBA (Accounting) Program.
- Developed degree programs: MBA (Accounting & Finance) and MBA (MIS)
- Instituted Comprehensive Test as a compulsory requirement for the award of degree
- Introduced a research oriented MS/MPhil programs in CS and management
- Introduced 4-year bachelor programs; BS(CS) and BBA (4 yr)
- Instrumental in the launch of city campus for PAF-KIET
- Redesign of BBA(H), MBA, BCS (H) and MCS programs
- Managed the transition from 2-year programs to 3 year programs.
- Managed the transition from 3 term/year to 2 major semester per year structure
| || |
Projects as Vice President of PAF-KIET
· Integrated design of processes for automatic collection of quality data for reporting to all regulators.
· Decentralization and delegations of functions and authorities to campuses and colleges
· Development of a collaborative model for launching innovative programs at KIET
· Development of MIS department as a profit center
· Design of strategic initiatives and new product launch decisions
· Coordination for statutory meetings of the Academic Council and BASR
· Establishment of Corporate Relations Department and specification of its roles and responsibilities
· Design of business processes, procedures and policies for Registration;
o Enrollment and registration policies
o Record keeping of primary material for transcript production
o Unique number management of degree paper
o Degree issuance, exemptions, transfer of programs
o Other areas of registration
· Reengineering of academic monitoring, management, control, evaluation systems
· Institution of Academic Advisory Boards and Curriculum Development committees
· Design and leadership of the MIS department. MIS system of KIET is probably one of the most comprehensive and detailed academic and registration monitoring system in any university.
o Fully automation of the processes from admission of a student to alumni management
o Design of syllabus management for individual students and different programs.
o Design of student attendance monitoring system
o Design of scheduling system.
o Design of Semester Registration system.
o Design of future requirements and upgrades as the institute progressed.
Projects as Deputy Director (CCS) at IBA Karachi (1995-2000)
Consultancy for Ministry of Science and Technology and EPB on E-Commerce |
- Launch of first non-business program (BCS) at IBA
- Strategic collaboration with CBR for short-term training programs
1998 ||Launch of BBA (MIS)
| 1997||Redesign of MBA (MIS) Program |
|1996||Collaboration with LUMS for a corporate training program |