· Ph.D (1994) and MS (1989), Electrical & Computer
Engg. Dept, UT Austin, Texas,
· MBA (1987) from IBA and BE-Elect from DCET/NED.
· Launch of industry mentorship framework for professional and personal development of students
· Design of decentralized academic units with operational and financial independence.
· Integrated design of QEC and MIS for automatic collection of quality data with existing staff.
· Setup of a framework for collaborations in academic programs led by industry
· Setup of a framework for Social Advocacy Projects for micro-business setup by students
· Setup of Graduate School of Sciences and Engineering with active impact factor research
· Setup of Technology Innovation Center, Center for Entrepreneurship for industry linkages
· Led the research oriented MS/MPhil Programs and KIET
journals; Market Forces, Technology Forces
· Led the formation of College of Engineering,
KIET City Campus, Computer Arts program
· Launch of innovative programs such as MBA (Education Leadership), MBA (Islamic Finance), BBA (ERP), BCA, BBE,
BBA(MIS), MTN, BTN, MSTE etc.
· Redesign of BS(CS), BCS(Hons), BBA(Hons), BBA 4 yr,
· Introduced Final Projects exhibition for all programs
as a major output quality control check
· Introduced a culture for mandatory course projects
and their regular exhibition for quality control
· Introduction of mandatory Guest Speaker Sessions, Mentoring
· Session Chair at over 10 conferences and Program
Director of 5 national/international conferences
· Keynote Speaker, Invited Speaker at over 39
· Represented Pakistan at AFACT, member of
various national level task forces, institutional boards
· Over 20 research publications in peer-reviewed
international conferences and journals
· Developed a research environment leading to over 60
research publications by students, faculty
· Industry research in a unique ERP product idea whose
IP is now sold for a stake in a company.
· Led Center for Computer Studies at IBA from 50
students in 1995 to over 400 students in 2000
in enabling KIET to go from 350 students in 2001 to over 3500 students in 2013.
· Led College
of Engineering, KIET for
accreditation by PEC in their first visit
· Led the development of KIET quality control systems
for registration, examination, academics
· Led the startup of a Software House ePatterns and its
operations for over 6 years.
· Established L2L (Learn to Learn) Academy, an innovative school based on PBL
· Development of over 20 case studies of technology entrepreneurs.
To be published in a book.
· Startup of an NGO Ahsan Education Foundation at Ahsan Memorial.
· IT Consultancy for Pakistan
Ordnance Factories, Oxford University
· Implementation consultancy for an ERP products for
over 20 companies in trading and manufacturing
· Led the E-Commerce working group of MoST in
developing national IT policy and action plan
· Trainings for CBR, AGPR, HBL and other organizations.
· Architected 3 generations of an ERP product having
accounting, HR, SCM, WIP and other modules
· Design of the university ERP with ledgers,
registration, examination, academics, admissions etc.
· Design of a state of the art ontology based suite of
software engineering tools for ERP development
strategic Vision workshops for Timelenders at Khi, Lhr, Isb and Madinah
workshops for developing career visions, leadership and motivation for students
a number of workshops and talks on education for schools
· Leadership Leading strategic project teams through change transitions
· Motivation Motivating employees and overcoming change resistance
· Team Building Developing project team of dedicated and committed professionals
· Presentation Regularly invited to speak at IT and management conferences, seminars
· Interpersonal: Ability to build a consensus by reconciling several point of views
· Writing Preparing convincing proposals and feasibility studies
· Cognitive: Ability to identify relationships among disparate pieces of information